Directory

1/30/14

Nightmares are on the way!


I just wanted to post a quick blog entry to announce that I just placed an order for all nine of the Lord of the Rings: LCG Nightmare Decks that have been created to date!  To catch you up with which quests that have been revisited and revised, I've broken them up below by their three separate season releases.

Nightmare Season One consists of the first three quests from the Core Box: Passage Through Mirkwood, Journey Along the Anduin, and Escape from Dol Guldur.

 

Nightmare Season Two consists of the first three quests from the Shadows of Mirkwood Cycle: The Hunt for Gollum, Conflict at the Carrock, and A Journey to Rhosgobel.



Nightmare Season Three consists of the last three quests from the Shadows of Mirkwood Cycle: The Hills of Emyn Muil, The Dead Marshes, and Return to Mirkwood.  These three Nightmare Decks are currently very hard to find because Fantasy Flight Games has not made them widely available yet through their Print On Demand system.  Instead, they have been given an early release to game stores in the form of a competition game night kit.  I was lucky enough to find them early on eBay at a very affordable price; so, rather than waiting for at least two or three months before they're officially released, I decided to get them now as well.

 

I am pretty excited for all of these decks to arrive.  I have had the chance to play The Hunt for Gollum and Conflict at the Carrock Nightmare Mode already with a friend, and both of them were an absolute blast.  Time willing, I will try my best to add follow up posts to log each and every one of these Nightmare Deck play experiences.  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment